While it might seem like a daunting task, learning how to grow flowers seeds is actually easy to do. Some of the most popular plants can be started from seed, and it is quite rewarding to see your little flower seeds grow into healthy blooming plants.
Learning to grow flower seeds has a number of distinct advantages.
- The pleasure of seeing your seedlings grow is a huge motivation for most gardeners.
- You can spend quality time with your children the garden.
- It helps the environment.
- Flowers you grow make your house look even more beautiful.
- It is cheaper to grow your own flowers than buy them.
When growing flower seeds, you need to have your garden planned out first so that you know which seeds to grow and how many of each you will need. If you live in a cold climate, you might start your seedlings indoors first under a grow light and then transplant them when the weather warms up and the plants are a bit more established.
The first step in growing plants from seeds is to prepare your seed starting mix. You want to buy special mix made for seeds. Do not use regular garden soil because it is often too heavy and is not sterilized. Seed starting mix is made porous enough to help the seed grow and insure it gets enough water and nutrients. A sterilized seed starting mix helps reduce fungus and disease.… Continue reading