Monthly Archives: November 2011
Beautiful tours of gardens around the world with Audrey Hepburn.
You can find the whole series of Audrey Hepburn’s Garden of the World DVDs at Amazon.com.
There are many reasons to create a container garden. Container gardening is a good way to dabble in gardening without throwing all your time into it. Some common reasons why people choose to start a container garden are:
- Outdoor space limitations.
- Physical limitations – can’t bend down or are wheelchair bound.
- Your patio or deck needs that extra something.
- You want fresh herbs in your kitchen for cooking.
- The soil in your yard is less than desirable.
- And the best reason … you have a pile of “treasures” you have collected at garages sales.
Almost anything that can hold soil can be used for container gardening. Just make sure you put drainage holes in the bottom to prevent soggy roots and rotting plants. The planter above is made from an old Chicken Feeder. It is sitting on an old sawhorse to give it more visibility in my garden. Continue reading
A special THANK YOU to all veterans
- past and present -
who have served to make this great country what it is!
Photo by Doreen Wagner on Flea Market Gardening
Taking a look back at my rustic gardens this summer. Winter always comes too soon here in Minnesota. Sit back and enjoy this slideshow of warmer days. I hope you find some inspiration for your rustic garden.
Be sure to leave me a comment below. Thanks! Continue reading
This amazing garden was on the Duluth Secret Garden Tour 2011.